Friday, October 5, 2007

Who's your Hero?

I heard the best story Wednesday night that I must share! Some of you may know Jonathan Booth, he grew up at RBCOC. Since then he has made a career in the Marines and has been stationed at Okinawa, Japan. While he was on a short stay in the Philippines he was in a situation where he said things just didn't look right. There were a couple of guys hanging out all day accross the street from where he was. He asked someone what they were doing and the stranger said, "Probably waiting on the bus." Well, he didn't ignore his feeling and gut and decided to investigate.
Do you remember a couple of years ago when those night clubs in Bali were bombed by extreme terrorists? Guess who those 2 men were? You're right, it was those 2 that were wanted by the anti-terrorist team and FBI. They were arrested and are now in custody! Jonathan is a real life HERO!!!!!! Praise the Lord for him and his courage. Let's all be inspired by him and don't be afraid to be a Hero!
Jonathan received numerous medals and had them on at church on Sunday. If you know him or his family say Thank you to him. We can all sleep a little easier tonight because of him!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I did not realize that Jonathan did that! He is a true HERO ! By the way, your blog looks great!

The Hadfields said...

Wow. I wish I could picture his face. How awesome.
I hope you have a great weekend too girlie. Love you!!!
PS: Have I told you how glad I am that you started a blog?!? :)

The Stone's said...

How grown up Jonathon is (if I'm thinking of the same one)! I remember when I was at FHU, he would come and visit Gina some and then when we first started going to RBCC, I'm pretty sure he was in the youth group. It is so nice to see little kids blossom like that. I'm so proud of him. And what about Gina, do you ever hear anything about her?

To answer your question...my hero right now is Bonnie Ray...don't know if you know her but she goes to church with me. She is in China right now for a year on a mission trip with her family. She has four daughters (ages probably 12 down to 4). She is such a "warrior". All of her roles and how she manages them are such an inspiration to me!

Sorry for the long comment.

Stephanie said...

Wow! What a great story! I hope to meet him one day so I can say, "thank you!."

It was great to see you at Disney On Ice last night. I couldn't believe how close our seats were to each other!

Playing baseball

Playing baseball
Carter teaching Jackson

Savannah and Jax's last ballgame

Savannah and Jax's last ballgame